Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Information for Saturday's Memorial

Dear Family and Friends,

SCRAPBOOK:
We were thinking of putting together a scrapbook following the Memorial on Saturday, capturing Tyler and his life through your eyes- as you knew him and as you had experienced him. Each of you will hold slightly different memories of Tyler and might have known him in a different phase of his life. We would love to capture these cherished moments for us to have as a remembrance of Tyler and his life.

We will provide scrapbook pages on Saturday and, if you are so inclined, will kindly ask you to share your favorite pictures, your fondest memories, any exciting adventures, funny stories- simply any thoughts that capture the essence of Tyler and that come to mind when you think back on Tyler.

If you have pictures that you would like to share, please bring printouts with you on Saturday.

OTHER:

1. Some of you have asked what to bring on Saturday. Basically, bring any dish that you would enjoy. More importantly though, if there is food left after the Memorial, we would like to encourage you to take home any of the leftovers. We have a hard time discarding food, which in turn, might leave the three of us with a daunting task- there is only so much running and yoga we can do.

2. Also, please bring jackets, as the gathering will take place inside as well as outside on the deck of the house. It does get chilly in the evenings, but then again, we might get lucky to be graced with a stunning sunset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva, Your words about Tyler makes me smile ear to ear, words so similar to my words written 14 years ago. I wish you strenght, keep busy and the tears will help for now. Please know that you are inmy heart, Agi Hirshberg

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva: Love your inspirational words. Yes, I feel a sense of Tyler's presence daily, now. I loved him very much. As I'm in Portland, I will be with you in spirit tomorrow as you gather with many in Los Angeles to honor Tyler's memory. I sent you my photo collection of Tyler for his birthday. Hopefully, you can use some for the scrap book. With much love, Uncle Tom

Anonymous said...

It will take some time but I have some video and stills from Andy. Waiting on a hard drive repair. But I'll get them to you as soon as I can. Chris