Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Memorial


Dear Family and Friends,

Unfortunately, this is not Tyler writing, but it is me, Eva- Tyler’s wife. I am addressing you all on his behalf.

After a five-and-a-half-year long and extraordinary battle against cancer- a battle against all odds and a fight in pursuit of life- Tyler passed away in the morning of Sunday, January the 8th 2012. He went peacefully, in his home, in his own bed, next to me- the way he had wished it to be.

Not so long ago, in the confides of one of our dearly cherished “Quality Hubbily (Tyler)-Wutzily (that’s me) Cuddle Times” he told me ‘how did I get so incredibly lucky to have such loving and wonderful parents, such amazing and loyal friends, and to be married to my soul mate and the love of my life, and how did I get so incredibly unlucky with this disease?’

He treasured every single one of you, and you truly have been wonderful throughout his life and especially throughout the past years. He had a unique ability to touch people in a very special way, the way only Tyler could. It was heartrending to experience how nurses and doctors who at one time or another had taken care of Tyler would rush to his bedside when they learned he was back at the hospital. They would check on him during or after their shifts, usually breaking into tears. Again, there was something magical about him- his kindness, his gratefulness, his spirit, his love for life, and his unending optimism (to just name a few) that inspired and touched the way only Tyler could. You probably all know what I am talking about.

No words could ever describe how incredibly fortunate I feel to have been part of his life and that he had a special place in his heart for me. His loss leaves behind a gaping void- a hurting reminder of his passing. Life for me, and the rest of us, will never be the same. Again, and as so often in the past, I turn to Tyler for help and remember what he had told me in the ICU. We were filling out the Advanced Directives, which was incredibly difficult to do, and he took my hand, looked me in the eyes and said that everything would be okay… I would be okay. When the time came for him to go, the very second, he would take place on my shoulder, he would be with me- wherever I would go, for the rest of my life. Though nothing could ever replace him and he most certainly went too soon, it gives me a little solace to know that he is with us and always will be.

To that end, we will be holding an ‘Open House’ in honor and loving memory of Tyler to come together as friends and family to share stories, memories, and support.

Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012
Where: Tyler’s parents’ house. 1901 West 35th Street, San Pedro, CA 90732
Time: 4 pm

Other 1: As Tyler and I enjoyed potluck style parties (we kept up the tradition from our wedding until this past New Year’s Eve celebration) we encourage you to bring something to share (not required though).

Other 2: Yvonne, Dennis, and I will leave for Hawaii tomorrow and won’t be back until Tuesday.

Other 3: If you are so moved please learn more about pancreatic cancer at pancan.org, donate blood and platelets at your local blood bank, hug your loved ones, and pray to experience a life as rich and full as Tyler’s.



Remembering Tyler, the love of my life, a wonderful son, a good friend to many


Tyler, early in December 2012- what a spirit he had...



Tyler on Christmas Day 2012 decorated with a bow- what a good sport he was...

You will be missed so much...









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all in our thoughts. Tyler's and your family's strength is an inspiration to all of us.

Six Pack said...

I had the privilege of knowing Tyler in middle school through high school. And yes he had a very special spirit, a contagious smile that lit up any day. I came across him on Facebook about a year ago and began reading his blog. I do not have the words... but my prayers go up for you and the family. May God comfort you at this time and bring you peace that surpasses understanding.

Margaret Allen said...

Eva, so many thanks to you and Dennis for posting. It doesn't seem quite right to be contacting you this way, but I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you with all my heart. I am so sad for you, and Tyler's parents, and all the people who loved him and whose lives have been forever touched by him. None of us will ever forget his courage, his warmth, and his generosity. He was a huge, huge person. We'll never forget him. Never.

Bill, Myra and Anna Hillburg said...

Tyler was a wonderful man who gave so much of himself and hope to so many as he led the battle against his nemesis. Your tribute was truly moving. Please accept the condolences of the Hillburgs, Bill and Myra, and our daughter Anna, Tyler's former classmate. You can be sure that a spirit as vibrant and inspiring as Tyler's can never be extinguished.

Anonymous said...

Dear Yvonne, Dennis & Eva: We knew Tyler from basketball at Bogdonavich when our son Adam & daughter Marissa played there. It was very evident even back then what a close and loving family they were, and what a truly nice kid Tyler was. We are so sorry for your loss and that such a great person was here for such a short time. You were lucky to have him and he was lucky to have all of you. With sympathy and care, Linda & Jim Artiano

Phil and Doris Scott said...

Dear Noesen Family,
Thank you so much for your very well thought out words in the newspaper to let us know about Tyler. Thank you Eva for your beautiful message on the blog. Our hearts are heavy but we know Tyler was surrounded by people who loved him and were with him all the time. We admire your strength and send our prayers and love to you all. Phil and Doris Scott

Anonymous said...

I was very touched by the obituary in the Daily Breeze and that is how I landed on this blogspot. I did not know Tyler, but I can tell he was a wonderful man. Both of our kids have played soccer and I noted that Tyler had done the same. Sounded like he lived life to the fullest. I am so sorry for your loss. Having lost a child myself, I do feel your pain.

Patty M. said...

Eva,
My husband Jerry was there when Tyler told his co-workers about his disease in Lobby D of the Raytheon building. He said that Tyler said he would be okay because he had his girlfriend (you before you married) at his side. We were also at your wedding and witnessed the love you and Tyler have (I won't say it in the past tense) for each other. Eva, you are an inspiration as well as Tyler. You filled his life with love and hope, and I'm sure you helped him pass more easily. Thank you for loving our Tyler!

Scott said...

Dear Noesen Family,
I only know about Tyler through stories he shared with the PanCan organization. Having lost an uncle and close family friend in the past 2 years to pancreatic cancer, I know how painful this disease is for all but certainly cannot know the pain of the loss of a child or spouse.
Know that Tyler touched many people beyond his circle of family and friends by sharing his story. His resolve and the love he showed for his family and friends provide an inspiration to all.
My deepest sympathies.
Scott Cohn
St. Louis, Missouri