Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday 11-16-2006

After the long day yesterday I was pretty exhausted and definitely needed some down time. I spent pretty much the whole day on or around the couch and it was really what I needed. On Monday, Dr. Isacoff had reduced my prednisone dose down to 20 mg a day and I have noticed that every time my dose goes down, it takes a little while for my body to adjust. When I was on 60 mg a day, I was functioning on like 4-5 hours of sleep and totally awake during the day, now I have been sleeping more like 8-10 and do feel pretty tired at various times during the day. It is pretty amazing what kinds of effects drugs can have on your body. I am still in awe at the amount of foreign substances (crap) running through my veins at any given moment these days. It will certainly be nice to detox once this is all over.

Eva came home at noon and we had a wonderful little lunch. She has been going big in the kitchen recently and I am all the more happy to be there to eat it up. After lunch, I napped and finally felt refreshed enough to do a little more than veg.

In the evening, Eva and I met Kay and her husband, Dana, at 3rd stop for some dinner. Kay works in Dr. Isacoff's office and we have been in there enough to get to know her over the last few months. It was a really pleasant evening and pretty exciting to go out with another couple. I think Eva has had about enough of the fat bald husband sitting on the couch evenings. It is still so nice to be able to just walk to the bar though we can't really take full advantage of it these days. I did have a couple sips of beer, though, which was pretty thrilling.
-TN

4 comments:

SisJo said...

Hi Eva and Tyler -
Just wanted to drop you guys a note to wish you both a Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be one of the millions of people on the move this weekend, I'll be in Woodland visiting my aunt. Anyways, have a good turkey day.

Sherry

Unknown said...

Hey Tyler,
Just wanted to let you know I love you. I see you've made it to 3rd Stop. You should know to always listen to me when it comes to the cool places round town :) Wish your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm calling you this weekend, make sure you pick up, or at least return my call (you are horrible at that!).
Siobhan

Anonymous said...

Hello, Tyler,
Your dad told us about your blog site so Bonny (my wife) and I are viewing this while we are in Redding, CA over Thanksgiving weekend. We both work at Memorial and have known your dad for a LONG time. We of course know of your many recent "challenges" and are sending our hopes and prayers for your marathon.
Thank you for the inspiration you provide with your daily stories of just living and meeting each challenge head on. Your blog is a gift for many people who will benefit from your message.

Live Strong.

Doug and Bonny McConnell

Savinay said...

Tyler! It's Savinay (from Poly and Hughes and whatnots)!

What's up man? Well, I guess I should read your blog to figure that out... :)

I'm in Seal Beach now, working for Boeing, and complaining about working too much.

I don't know how busy you are nowadays, but if you're around, or if you take house calls, PLEASE let me know. I'd love to catch up and hang out some time.

Email me at savinayc@yahoo.com and let's do something. :)