Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 10-13-2006

Eva and I were reduced to the air mattress in the sewing room for the night but I still managed to get a good nights sleep. Poor Eva, though, I sort of bounced her a bit on each of my three trips to the bathroom during the night. For tonight, she will sleep on some chase lounge cushions while I continue on the air mattress. Everything seems to be going pretty well with me. I am up over 170lbs. which is really good. I think with the activity that I am putting in, some of my muscle mass is returning. Of-course, I am not putting in enough activity to burn any fat but that is not really what I am going for right now. I am just looking at my belly as a nice little reserve in case I run into a rough patch where I am vomiting for a week straight or simply will not eat anything but rice cakes or whatever. Back on track stool wise, too. Almost normal and it is oh so nice.

My parents went to take my grandma in for a check-up and so Eva's parents, Eva, and I sat down for a nice breakfast. We wanted to ease them into their trip to the states, so breakfast was Euro-style - bread with a few different spreads and a few different meats to mix and match as you choose. It was a really wonderful breakfast and good to just spend time with the new family.
We dispersed for our workouts as Eva went for a run, Eva's parents went for a walk, and I went for a bike ride. It was a beautiful morning and it felt great to get outside. My right calf was a little tender when I woke up and did hurt a bit on the ride so I just took it easy (6mi on the flats). Eva's parents saw dolphins on their walk. What a nice little greeting from southern California.

Eva and her parents got into the American swing of things and went off to the mall on a little shopping adventure. Apparently they had some good family bonding time and picked up some shoes, to boot. Eva said her father was very cute as he had a few attendants make sure that he had just the right belt. I attended to a few wedding details and then called and met Eva and her parents at a flower shop. I was really glad I did not just place the order over the phone. This was definitely a wedding detail that Eva needed to be involved in. Who knew there were so many flowers to choose from? And in all sorts of colors. After about 4 binders, 6 posters, and about 5 sample bouquets, we got a good idea of what we wanted.

Eva and crew went on home and I made a quick trip to Fry's for a deal on a wireless adapter that I could not pass up (Hey, 10 bucks, at that price why not get 2?). Once I was home, we ended up just eating randomly out of the fridge and then my parents left for the theater. It was a real interesting night as a storm was coming in and there was some lightning out over the water. Eva and I just sat out on the patio and watched it for a while. It was just a wonderful way to spend some time together and just very memorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...You have so many hits because I have to keep checking in to look for blog updates.
Life must be getting in the way of typing about it.
Luv ya.