Wednesday, September 13, 2006

9-13-06

Well, just another day. I felt pretty good today. Weighed 163.4 lbs. this morning. The weight is coming back! Sweet. Another 5-10 pounds and I will transition back from cookies and bacon to fish and fruits. Lost another good amount of hair today in the shower. It is pretty trippy when you run your fingers through your hair about 5 times and each time come up with a handful of hair. I still look pretty normal from the front but if you look down on the top it is starting to get a little thin. We will see how long I go before I just shave it all off. I was joking with Eva today that she thought she married a young handsome man but, soon she will be with a fat bald guy. I am so glad I got her while I could. I am hoping to be acne ridden as well. She is quite a lucky girl. The prednisone seems to be helping with the breathing. I am still probably only 80-85% on breathing capacity and my energy is still pretty low but it is much better than last week.

Went to an Angel game last night with Eva and the folks. Great game and just a wonderful time. The game went into extra innings and the Angels pulled it off in the 11th. The seats were pretty close to the action and I think that Eva might have even had a slight interest in the game (though she still makes the usual comments like when a heftier relief pitcher came onto the field "that is a professional athlete?") . My parents indulged in the frozen yogurt and then proceeded to show their Angel support with their own versions of the rally caps.


Had a little car trouble on the way. I am supposed to be keeping my life low stress but I still managed to get the car into the spot driving through stop and go traffic while the car would not idle. I only had to pop the clutch about 8 times and restart it 2 or 3 times. The three passengers had a lot of helpful advice which I really think helped get me through that rough time. We instated a policy of silence until we were on the freeway on the way home. My wonderful father took the car in today and one hose later everything is fine. Eva and I had a wonderful lunch with Isette today in westwood. She is off to New York tomorrow on the first vacation during her job transition time. It is always wonderful to see her and she has been such a wonderful friend throughout all this. Always so positive. That's about it for now. Still just starting this blogging thing. We will see what works and what doesn't. Carpe vitam and live strong. -TN

No comments: