Thursday, September 14, 2006

9-14-2006

Well just another day. I was a little light on the scale at 161.4 lbs. Breathing is pretty good though far from optimal. I did some somewhat productive work in the morning (putting together a notebook of my medical reports) and then met Eva for lunch at the Beverly center.

Eva is sitting here and I asked if she wanted to add anything to this post but she just made a funny face.

Later in the afternoon I got to play chauffeur and drive Eva to UCLA so that she could "SpeedVac" her samples. It sounded like an exciting outing so I was in. I got to meet her friend, Seema who was very nice and has helped Eva get access to the various resources she has needed at UCLA. After she finished up in the lab, we went and caught a movie in Westwood - "Invincible." We were slightly harassed upon entering the theater as some guy exhibiting cell phones from the 1980s yelled "You know he gets a spot on the team and the girl. Don't take your girlfriend there, she won't want to keep hanging out with you." To which I replied, "Uh, were already married. Looks like she is in for it." Eva and I actually picked the movie together and of-course everything works out - its a freaking Disney movie. We have sort-of been leaning towards the feel good, inspirational movies these days to make sure to keep me in the right state of mind. I decided not to pull the cancer card on that guy, though it was tempting.

We enjoyed the movie as it was everything we expected and then met up with Adam Shaffer afterwards for a bite to eat. Well, I ate, Eva and Adam sort-of kept me company. Adam is a great guy (and Adam, if you read this please take it in the best possible way). Once you get him talking he can just go and go and go. Eva and I would occasionally look at each other in amazement at the number of words that just came out of his mouth in such a short amount of time. In a way it reminds me of my Grandmother, sometimes you get her on the phone and she is just off and running. The conversation, though intense, was quite entertaining and it was really nice catching up with him. Eva and I wished him luck as he is taking a major step in his relationship and pretty much moving in with his girlfriend Tran. I wish them all the best and hopefully "Stank-ass" has left his nickname and smell back in the bay.

Live strong,
TN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tyler;

I am Dr. Nicholas Lee,Ob-Gyn,working at Memorial
Hospital like your Daddy.I have known him for long
time.I met your parents at hospital party.They are
wonderful people.
I heard about your illness about 10 months ago.
I felt so bad and was also same time moved at your
love story.I was going to write to you at that time
but I was sick myself and spent almost one month to
find out what was wrong with me.I had so many tests
and found to have atypical Shingles.I thought about
you.I am sure you went through worse than me.

I occasionally talk to your daddy and hear you are
doing good and in good spirit. I am so glad to hear.
You have a beautiful,loving-care wife and family.
God will give you all courage,inspirations and strong
mind.I will pray for you.

Tyler,
Have you ever thought of writing about your a
beautiful and moving story and send to Hollywood to
make a movie?.This is a great story.I don't mean your
difficulty and illness is great by all means.Your love
story and your fighting spirit is so great.

Tyler.
I am not a good writer at all.But I want to tell you
have a lot of people praying for you.

Give my best regards to your wonderful wife.
Pray in Christ.

Dr. N.Lee.