Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday 9-23-2006

Just a little health update and then onto the day's activities. So far the chemo is going pretty well. I basically feel normal. My weight is pretty good, my appetite is good, no pain, I am sleeping less with the prednisone but have not gone crazy from sleep deprivation (like another patient I heard about), and my breathing is basically normal (I am just feel out of shape from lack of activity). From here I can only hope that the cancer responds to the chemo and it would be nice, though not necessary, if I continued to feel pretty normal during the process (though I am still mentally ready to feel as horrible as it takes to get through this).

Eva and I had an incredibly productive and wonderful day today. We finally got the wedding invitations out. I gathered a few of the final addresses, we did a final count, totally disregarded it, and dropped them into the mail. We may be a little overbooked in the chapel but we figured that all of our friends and family are such wonderful people that they would probably look forward to an opportunity to better get to know each other and squeeze in a bit. Worst case, it is a glass chapel, so there should still be some pretty good views from the outside.

Made a quick trip to the grocery store and the productivity continued as we dove into Eva's immigration paperwork. Each individual part of the process is really not that hard but the whole packet really starts to get a little involved. For her it ended up being like 7 different forms and each form has very specific instructions and requires about 5 different pieces of supporting evidence. Things ranging from copies of her birth certificate to immunization records to a copy of my 2005 tax return. We just plowed through each form, put it all together in a seemingly logical format, and sent it in. Let me tell you, it reminded me of a work day. I was as tired after those 4 hours as I was after a 10 hour day at Raytheon. It really felt good to have it done and in the mail. Hopefully it will go through smoothly.

To get in a bit of activity for the day, we cruised over to a park in Beverly Hills and kicked the soccer ball around a bit. Eva did not play much growing up but is such an athlete that she did just fine. Actually, her game progressed an amazing amount in quite a short period of time. We spent about 45 minutes kicking it back and forth and I was pretty satisfied with my amount of activity. Eva became really determined to improve her juggling so I just sort of sat and watched for the next hour as she just kept going. She is such a funny girl sometimes and I love her all the more for it. Her efforts payed off and before we left, she had juggled the ball 10 times (12 if you count a couple of brushes with her breasts). Her stamina and determination with the ball reminded me of when we go water skiing and she just keeps going and going. I think my dad and I would tire from driving the boat before she tires from wake boarding. She then ran the 3 miles home and I drove home and got started on dinner. Mmmm, bacon wrapped pork loin. By the end of dinner poor little Eva's leg has bruised up a bit from juggling the ball with her thigh. Such nice legs, how can they bruise so quickly? I just hope people don't think that I beat her.



After dinner we actually went out for a little dessert to celebrate the days accomplishments. Its pretty convenient when the bar is just around the corner. Yeah, LA is a little more lively than SP. We partook of the chocolate hazelnut "pizza" at 3rd Stop and even indulged and each had a beer. This was my first beer in over a month and it was pretty good (not spectacular, but pretty good). Eva has stopped drinking to help support me (not that we drank much before diagnosis anyways) and both of us could feel the alcohol after about half a beer. It was quite a scene at the bar and we really enjoyed the people watching. Bars are mellower places when you are married than when you are single and it was really hilarious to just watch the various maneuvers guys where pulling in their efforts to score. The girls are just as guilty though usually their goals are different (though not always) and their moves/actions are often more subtle. We can only hope that amongst the mojitos, MGDs, garlic fries, and outrageous fashion, a couple of young kids found something special that night. Anyways, it was just a really fun evening after a very productive day.

Live Strong,
TN

No comments: