Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday 9-29-2006

Friday was a pretty mellow day as I pretty much just hung around the apartment and tried to take care of little things that needed to get done. I only made three trips to the bathroom during the night which was nice. I felt pretty good most of the day but had a few loose stools in the afternoon. I have been pretty gassy all week and am thinking that the Irinnotecan is probably the cause. It was a little unsettling as, I think on Wednesday, Eva and I were just wondering what kinds of things would happen if my pancreas just stopped working. We thought the first effect would probably be an inability to digest food, then blood sugar issues, weight loss, and on and on. And of course, now I am having some digestive issues. I am pretty sure that they are chemo related though because my weight is still stable and I have actually been able to put on fat. Hopefully, the gas will resolve itself. Poor Eva. She is certainly suffering through this with me now.

It was a tough day emotionally for both of us as Eva attended a funeral for a co-worker's father. He had been in the fight (against cancer) and had passed away the night before they were going to do surgery to remove a few of the tumors. He had some other heart-related health issues as well but it was still a bit sudden and very tough on the son. Eva said that they really celebrated his life at the service. Neither of us said it, but the funeral sort of hit a little close to home for both of us. I told myself that I did not go because of some slight nausea and the digestive issues, but, truth be told, I was just not ready to go to something like that. I guess that I should just use those feelings as fuel for the fight, so that some of the thoughts that were on our minds never come to bear.

In the afternoon, I did a lot to get our new computer up to speed. Installing programs, migrating data, putting in our DVD burner, etc. (hey Anna, I actually got this one to work). The new computer also allowed me to play my new game, Flight Simulator. I am about half way to my private pilot's license and have been toying with the idea of finishing it off so it was pretty fun to get back into a "plane". I "flew" a flight that I did a number of times in a real plane. I left from Long Beach, flew out over the Queen Mary, and then went back. I guess Eva and I both are little computer nerds. Oh-well, we get out a bit, too.

-TN

No comments: