Sunday, September 17, 2006

9-17-06 Part 1

Sunday was an incredible day. The guys were still around it was just really wonderful. My father continued to outdo himself and fixed us some great breakfast burritos which we enjoyed on the patio. My parents just really took care of us this weekend and I truly appreciate everything they do. Props Mom and Dad!

After breakfast the guys (John, Tom, and Chris), Eva, and I headed up to the Getty Villa in Malibu. I had gotten tickets for that day after an ill-fated same day trip with Eva failed 2 weeks prior. As expected, it was an amazing time. The grounds were very well done, the collections were very interesting, and just being at a place like the Getty feels good. Chris really added to the trip by pointing out a number of the subtle architectural features which really set a place like the Getty apart. John and Chris really appreciate comfort and decided it would be pleasant enjoy the grounds in the shade. Unfortunately upon entering the collections a stern docent made them leave their umbrellas outside where a couple other patrons helped themselves to their own servings of shade. After about 10 minutes of enjoying the incredible works of art, I realized that I had not eaten in about 3 hours so I rounded up the group and we had a bit of lunch at the cafe. It has been pretty fun going big on food. I mean, why not order the tri-tip for lunch? Delicious. Eventually we made our way to the central garden, the courtyard which contained which is at the heart of the Mediterranean villa.

Eva got a call from over seas and what better way to enjoy some conversation than by lounging in the garden. Just in case you had any question about the maturity level of the group, just note how well we handle the body in its natural state. My father recounted something similar on one of my scouting trips when I was about 8.
All in all, it was good times at the Getty.

No comments: