Sunday, September 17, 2006

9-17-2006 Part 2

After the Getty, I got hungry again so we found a little burger spot in Malibu and made a stop. Nothing like a burger, fries, and a root beer float for an afternoon snack to boost that calorie intake. The maturity continued as Eva noted that Tom was not really hungry though continued to try to eat as much of Coffee's and John's root beer floats as possible. On our way back down the coast we found a nice little stretch of beach and pulled out. There was some debate as to the quality of the body surfing to be had but once the guys got into the water they did just fine.



They took the body surfing up a notch and started trying to ride each other. When Coffee said he was slippery Tom assumed that was the OK to dig his nails into his back to make sure he got a better ride. Chris looks like he will pull through.



As usual I tried to steer clear of the wrestling and other debacles though I do enjoy watching. Poor John, always the victim, though often the instigator as well.



We cruised back down to SP and partook of pizza and garlic bread (thanks again pops) and recounted our day. After dinner we managed to rope the guys into some wedding invitation preparation that actually went very well. I was a little worried but when we found the right task for the right guy things seemed to work out. I was the envelope sealer and though I do get plenty of toxins infused directly into my body, I opted for a sponge to wet the adhesive.


Again, it was really a wonderful weekend. Having old friends around certainly took my mind of my cancer and is just really good medicine for the soul. Obviously, I am still doing really well. The breathing is getting better slowly. I did have to keep the activity pretty low key and take breaks when I needed them. I think I took 4 breaks on the walk back up from the tide pools but then again it is nice to just sit and look around for a few minutes here and there. My weight is still pretty stable right around 160lbs and I am ready to go in for another infusion on Monday.

No comments: